Default Gateway Not Available problem is a common problem in windows 8, 8.1 and even 10. It is mostly because of the old version of wireless network driver.
Default Gateway Not Available error only occurs when wireless adapter does not work properly. There are several things for problem causing on wireless adapter of computer. Basically, power and old wireless adapter are 2 major reasons for this problem.
If you want to get rid of this problem, you should just follow these steps:
Step 01: I want you to open power management section and uncheck the check box “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Go to control panel and click on network and internet>>network sharing center
- Now just click on change adapter setting. Then right click on wireless network and click on properties. After that click on configure and uncheck check box “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
Step 02: As you make sure that you uncheck the check box of power management section. Now just be sure that you unchecked “internet connection sharing” section’s check box.
- Follow the instructions above until you get into the wireless property section. Now click on sharing tab and uncheck “internet connection sharing”.
Step 03: If your wireless connection is not working through the above steps, just follow this step. In this step, I want to suggest you to update your network driver.
- Press windows key + r and then type “devmgmt.msc” and then click on enter key.
- Now click on network adapter and update your Broadcom 802.11n wireless adapter. If you are still getting default gateway unavailable and limited network problems, then you should download specific wireless adapter for your computer. If you are using Dell laptop, then you should go to official website of dell and download the wireless device driver.
The figure above shows the latest wireless adapter updated which is Dell Wireless 1701. In fact, this wireless driver is only for Dell Wireless Adapter. So if you are using lenovo or any other laptop, you have to go to their official websites and download the wireless adapter to install in your PC or laptop.